Thursday, August 4, 2011
Barak Obama is 50 today. Happy Birthday, Mister President. I guess you received a gift that has turned into quite a dud with the debt agreement. Democratic congressman Gary Ackerman reportedly said the President entered the agreement much like entering a strip poker game with only half of your clothes. He was referring to the President abandoning his primary stance that taxes needed to be raised on the wealthiest Americans and certain subsidies needed to be eliminated.
Well, this year's birthday might be a milestone in the President's life, but how does it compare to the other milestones he has tread these past couple of years. He has walked the Green Mile a few times. How is he doing in the light of so much negativity? Not so well, according to some polls. He has a negative rate of 44-51 in a Florida poll after the debt ceiling agreement. That same rating had been 44-50 prior to the deal.
The president has been embroiled in financial issues plaguing the country since his swearing into office. He knew what he was inheriting, but he seemed to think he could fly in like Superman and save the world. Not so, Mister President.
It will take decades to save this economy and that is if we go literally bare bones for that time. We can not sustain this tax and spend economy. If every working American gave 100% of their income, we could not pay our bills without borrowing. It isn't working.
If I ran my household by borrowing 70% of my income I wouldn't have a household. Our government must live within its means.
So Mister President, give us all a chance for a Happy Birthday and spend less. I do wish you very well, I pray you will prosper and that we will prosper as a nation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment